Schedule Update

Monday, June 9, 2008



So far, so good.  The schedule needs a bit of refinement...I'm finding little unaccounted-for-gaps in what's on the board.  But for the most part, having a routine is great!  And, actually, there have been fewer messes and mishaps, because there is no time where the kids are getting into something while I'm doing something else...we're always together and picking up along the way! 

My biggest concern about starting the routine was the rest time.  I don't expect the older two to sleep, but I do want them quiet and resting for 30 minutes.  So, to get them excited about this new habit, I made nap mats.  Today's rest didn't bring about the excitement I was hoping for, but it wasn't objected to as much as previous attempts at rest time. I guess the energy I spent today enforcing a half hour of silence will pay off tomorrow or next week or sometime before they're all grown up.

4 Creative People Had This To Say:

Amanda said...

You're so creative!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Thanks, but it more thriftiness-have you see the prices of nap mats on eBay?

thekreativelife said...

Oooo . . . I would absolutely LOVE to take a nap on either of these! ;) How fun! Beautiful work!

Joyeful said...

Nap mats!! How wonderful! That is just amazing! What a great idea! I can tell you are one creative gal! I can't wait to read more on your blog!