{ADOPTION UPDATE}

Friday, December 12, 2008

The
paperchase
is
over.

(Huge audible exhale heard throughout Murphy's 3.26 square miles.)

Our agency, AAI, received our dossier packet last month with every document we could assemble pertaining to our life that the foreign court would care to take a gander at.

AAI sent our packet to the State Department and the E* Embassy for stamps and seals. (I'm trying not to use the country name for precautionary reasons). We just got word this afternoon that the right documents are stamped and sealed and blessed and in AAI hands to assemble and ship to previously-mentioned-Country-of-Beautiful-Babies by Fed Ex. We will be added to the waiting list at that point.

If you thought our updates were few and far between, please prepare for fewer and farther between updates.

I haven't heard from our agency their estimation on travel time yet, but I am expecting to be traveling around the holidays next year. Oh, what will we do for a year????? Oh, that's right, I still have 3 babies here who need help as I speak. Boo is hollering for help with putting his jacket on his legs and Belle just informed me that she needs something but she's not sure exactly what. I'm sure we'll stay busy while waiting in 2009.

3 Creative People Had This To Say:

Anonymous said...

hi! just came across your blog and i'm so glad to hear of your good news. could not have come at a better time huh? i'm adding you guys to my prayer list and will keep checking up on you...
blessings,
nicole

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Congrats on being done with the paperchase! We finished ours (for China) in August and it was a HUGE relief. It's hard to find the time for mountains of paperwork with little kiddos underfoot. (It took me 4 times longer to complete it than I anticipated!) I hope you have a special Christmas present by the next holidays!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing the paperwork! Hope you can keep busy until it's time to travel. :)