{Vintage Fabric Brooch = Love}

Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome Faithful Fashionistas! I posted this originally in January when I made these scrap fabric brooches. They took me maybe 30 minutes, but I wear them all the time! Scarves in every season and these brooches really are two of my favorite things!

This week, Kristin inspired me to think about using artificial flowers as brooches and in my hair. Check out the one I made for my daughter this week using a pink carnation. It might become one of our favorite accessory this summer.

____________________________________________


Look at this awesome fabric my mom had stored away! Oh, the ideas were swirling in my head! I grabbed as much as I could fit into our suitcase without having to leave behind Mr. Smarty's shoes.


Right away, I started cutting out petals for my new brooch! What do you think?


Is this one too big? I think it's destined for an oversized brown cord tote. It's also destined for Charlottesville. I made this one for Laura but somehow it made it's way home with me...


Okay, I wore it twice this week knowing it would be going in the mail soon, but I don't think anyone noticed:

6 Creative People Had This To Say:

3CHEERS4MOM said...

I love this! Too cute.
-Cheers, Amy

Liberty said...

I love these brooches. You should consider an etsy shop with these...since you have nothing else to do, right? :) I know I'd want one!!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

First time to stop by. Your blog is adorable!

I love what you did with the material! Those brooches are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

how cute are they! love the blue and brown... i'm sooooo making one of these!
~nicole

The Berry's Patch said...

Very cute! I love the outfits that you're wearing.

Rachel said...

One more idea I saw in a boutique tonight and thought you might want to try: scale down your brooches and attach them to thin, material covered headbands--very cute.