{Feelin' Feminine Challenge}

Sunday, May 24, 2009

I took the challenge! Kristin at The Faithful Fashionista encouraged her readers to take the Feelin' Feminine Challenge-Wear 7 dresses or skirts for 7 days to inspire us to rediscover the treasure of dressing femininely modest.

For me, this challenge could have been get dressed for 7 days straight, after all, I am The Pajama Mama, no? But this was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed being a feminine mom every day this week. It may have been my imagination, but I felt my inner Donna Reed come out. It may have also been the great books I'm reading this week, maybe more on them later?

I also realized I am in a hair rut, because the challenge also included wearing your hair differently each day. And does anyone how to make Nike's look good with a knee length skirt? Anyone? Please tell...

Besides the footwear, it was just as easy to get down on the floor with the kids, or sit on the couch...whatever duty calls for. I'll definitely be looking for more skirts and sundresses for the summer. It was so easy to look put together without much effort.

So, without further ado, here's my week in photos...notice I even wore a skirt for my Saturday run.




And for my frugal friends, the dress in the last photo was thrifted last week!! Such a find-perfect fit! The Express brown cardigan in the third photo was a .99 eBay purchase, too!


9 Creative People Had This To Say:

Anonymous said...

The outfit with the red cardigan is my favorite (I love red!) but I have to say that the bubble skirt is my favorite item I've seen this week. :)

I wish I could pull off a bubble skirt...you look great in it!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

you look great! How fun!
Blessings,
Joy

EL said...

All of your outfits were awesome!
I actually have that first dress! It's so comfy and cute!
God bless!
~Esther

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You look so beautiful! I hope you really enjoyed this week in dresses.

TJ said...

I like the picture of you in the athletic skirt. It made me smile. I like to be active and was encouraged to see how I could be more ladylike even in this area.

Mama Melissa said...

excellent! i've thought of getting one of those running skirts... how did you like it?
LOVED the outfits, and the picture of you in the archway!

melissa

Kristy K said...

I found you at Beauty and Bedlam! You've encouraged me to pull out some of those skirts in my closet. Maybe I don't need to run out and buy new shorts.... I can just wear skirts :).

Cute!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

You look amazing. Doesn't it feel great? With Mr. Linky in and out, you're the only one that linked up today. I linked you up to the last post which is still on my home page, but have removed the widget.I'll put this post in again. :)Fun thing is hopefully you've seen a bump in traffic being my sole fashionista. :)

Linda said...

Hi Pajamamama,...(Love that title)
When I am at home I do everything in my P.J.'s...my retired husband does too. Then we clean up and get "prettied up" before we leave the house.

I have always liked skirts and dresses,...and jewelry,...and make-up etc. I have always been a girlie girl.

I joined the Feminine Friday today from She Buildeth Her House,...but I didn't realise it was a week long thingy. So my pictures are from a wedding we attended last Saturday.

Linda (me), Bailey (my 16yr.old granddaughter), and Lisa (my daughter), in our dresses that we wore to the wedding.

It is fun to be feminine!

Maybe I will do the 7-day challenge sometime,...but the hairdo thing is hard when you have short hair! Pretty much one style. ((smile))

Have a great day!

Oh, and come on over to my blog and have a "Cucumber Sandwich".

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits