A Little Bit Early:: Car Seat Cover Makeover

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As I slipped the finished cover over my friend's car seat, my phone rang with news of her baby girl's three week early arrival! Made me wonder about why I had the sudden urge to finish it up first thing this morning....



This was a wonderful distraction for me yesterday, as you have no idea how badly I wanted to call our adoption agency. But I told myself I would wait until Wednesday. I even let Mr. Smarty take the cell phone we share yesterday, since it has free long distance. But he kindly left it here this morning. And our friendly agency staff have been hard at work for an hour and 43 minutes already today, and look at how polite I'm being, letting them settle in and get a good uninterrupted start for the day. Think I'll post this then give them a quick call. No big deal.



Okay, gotta run. Congrats, Ray & Melissa! Can't wait to see Baby G in her new car seat!




13 Creative People Had This To Say:

Splendid Little Stars said...

one gorgeous car seat! Sometime, you must shwo us the baby in it!

Unknown said...

1st commenter took the words right out of my mouth. I LOVE that car seat cover! Beautiful!

SkinnyMeg said...

Beautiful!! That mommy instinct must work for all babies not just your own :)

Braley Mama said...

Love the car seat cover. You do beautiful work!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You are so talented!!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

That's adorable! That would have taken me a year to make:-)

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

so pretty! Seriously, you amaze me! Wanna come help me decorate for Christmas this year? I need some fresh eyes for this tired old house!! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I love those fabrics! I have been trying to crochet a baby blanket for a friend that's due 1/1 and I found out her shower is a month earlier than I expected. I don't think I'll get it done. whoops!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Very cute cover. I could never put together anything like that. Have a great weekend. Jackie

Michele Risner said...

That's a beautiful carseat!

Andrea said...

Such a fun carseat! You are so creative! Any updates on your little one??

Ruth said...

I love the car seat. What an awesome job. My brother and sister in law just had a little girl this past Monday. She asked me to recover her rocking chair and make some curtains. Can't wait to get started on those fun projects.

Praying all goes well with your phone call to the agency.

Ruth

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Wow! That is a fantastic car seat cover, gorgeous. Ours is a boring steel grey, blah!