September

Friday, September 25, 2009

Reading:

Hold On To Your Kids by Neufeld & Mate. Essentially why parents need to matter more than peers.



Home Grown Kids by Raymond & Dorothy Moore. An urge to parents to consider teaching children at home informally in the early years. They have also written the book, Better Late Than Early.


Learning:

New love is amazing, but love realized is even more wonderful.

That is is my desire that:

I am more concerned with principle than social pressures,

I cherish my children more than my own freedoms and

I am willing to study to provide them sound values, academic excellence and a sense of self-worth.

Working On:

A Car Seat Makeover for a baby girl due in October using these fabrics:



Deciding what fall color needs to go into my window box and large pots.


Trying Not to Think About:

The Phone Call that hasn't happened yet...I am granting myself a phone call to our agency on Wednesday, though, to ask for a status update, Come on, Wednesday!


What have you all been up to?

9 Creative People Had This To Say:

CJ said...

Good reads! Well I haven't read them but the subject matter sounds great. I put MYself aside while raising/homeschooling my two children. I didn't have ME time so to speak. My kids went with me everywhere, we went on vacations together. I wouldn't have done it any other way. My hobbies were even curtailed, I did a bit of scrapbooking and reading. I am just getting back into sewing again. My daughter is in college (2nd year) and my son is a senior (3 college classes and one class at home). The reward has been great.

Jenilee said...

I love how you worded this post. It is encouraging to a new homeschooler! :)

Andrea said...

I LOVE "Hold On To Your Children". Definitely a favorite of mine. I am very interested in the other one. I will have to pick it up one of these days! Sounds like you guys are busy as usual. We miss you and wish we lived closer. Thank you for always have kind words that lift my days. Let us know if you hear any news!!

Tiffany said...

The waiting is so hard!

I finally posted an adoption update yesterday. It seems as though things are FINALLY moving along. :) I'm saying a prayer for you, God's time is perfect.

The Activity Mom said...

I love your car seat makeover fabrics! Too cute! I would love to do something like that for our baby due in Jan. Are you going to post a tutorial by any chance?

care said...

Oh I hear you! I'm feeling it these days as a full-time teacher now AND mother AND everything else! Oct. is so soon! Can't wait to hear your news! I didn't think you'd have your new little one by the wedding! Hope I can meet her then!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

argh! I WISH that car seat and due date was for OUR baby girl-nope...a friend is due with a baby girl in October...

our baby girl should be referred to us in October, but it'll be another 4-8 months before her homecoming.....sigh....

Ruth said...

I like the books by Raymond and Dorothy Moore. Homeschooling is a blessing but can be tiring at times. We need to keep focused on the big picture and let the little things slide sometimes.

I love the fabrics you have chosen for the car seat cover.

Praying for your adoption.

Ruth

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Cute idea for a post...might have to steal a variation on it! Those books look interesting...I'm going to check them out on Amazon.

Hope you get 'the call' soon... We've been waiting a year so I know how difficult the wait is.