She's Gone Country

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

As an east coast transplant, I'm still shocked every now and then when I realize my kids are born and bread Texans.

I had one of those shock moments this weekend when I took my daughter to Cavender's Boot City for her first pair of boots.

When she was younger, she wanted to be a Princess when she grew up. Then it was a Doctor, then a Princess Doctor. For a while now, she has had the dream of being a CowGirl. And I have no doubt it has more to do with the wardrobe than the duties associated with animal husbandry.

Still, I want to encourage her in her dreams, so after a trip to Costco, we stopped at Cavenders and picked out these puppies:




10 Creative People Had This To Say:

Traci Michele said...

SO cute! I love me some country!

carol said...

Tell Belle there's a perfectly good pair of English riding boots sitting next to my computer for her to grow into! I just looked at them this afternoon. There must be some other riding habit pieces elsewhere. Where's the lovely English saddle? Not that there's anything wrong with going country!!!! Dream on, Belle!

The Activity Mom said...

ha ha I can relate being from Michigan and living and raising kids in Texas. =) Cute boot picture!

September said...

Waayyy to cute! Love the boots,, and have no fear-I am sure there is a big demand for Princess Dr,'s even in the Southwest!!

Braley Mama said...

I want those. She has great style!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And great photo too! What does Daddy think? :)

care said...

love the picture!

Rachel said...

So precious, they suit you, Belle!

Unknown said...

How adorable! Love those little boots, both my girls went through a stage of pink boots, imagine that!

I got those flowers at Walmart for 50% off, but there's still lots of life in them. They were a $4.99 bunch, obviously past their due date, but still gorgeous!

Ruth said...

Too cute!!

Ruth